New 1.3 million-year climate record from East Africa, published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
Project Prospectus - 2015-2017
Stratigraphic Evolution of the East African Rift
Current research projects are focused on the paleoclimates of tropical Africa, the basin evolution of large rift valley lakes of East Africa, and on the Quaternary evolution of lakes in the northeastern U.S. Field campaigns over the past several years have included scientific drilling expeditions on Lakes Malawi and Bosumtwi in Africa, and seismic acquisition programs on Lakes Tanganyika, Edward, Malawi, Albert and Victoria in the East African Rift Valley, Lake Baikal in Siberia, Lake Bosumtwi, in Ghana, and many of the Finger Lakes of central New York.
Ongoing projects include:
- Analyses of a 1.5 million-year paleoclimate record from drill cores from Lake Malawi
- Analyses of a million-year paleoclimate record from drill cores from Lake Bosumtwi, West Africa
- Evolution of the Lake Albert Rift Basin, Uganda and Democratic Republic of the Congo, from seismic reflection data
- Geochemistry, sedimentology and physical properties of lacustrine source rocks
- Terrestrial climate change and Quaternary evolution of lake basins in the northeastern U.S.
DHTML Menu by Milonic http://www.milonic.com